Trek up Mount Rinjani in Lombok is not to be taken lightly, it’s the second highest volcano mountain in Indonesia standing at around 3.726 meters and takes a full day to reach the rim of the Crater Lake just below the summit. Lenticular clouds hang over Rinjani, shaped as a flying saucer they form in really high wind speeds above peaks & create a spectacular drape on the mean volcano.
Mount Rinjani was created from a volcano, the crater being filled by a lake which has bred it’s own mini baby volcano, only 12 years old.
You can either descend deep into the heart of the crater, or climb to the mountain’s summit. In the sulphur mud pools exist the earth’s first organisms-bacteria that produce carbon dioxide. The mountains are populated with packs of apes so climber should be cautious.
06 Days 05 Nights Full Rinjani Trekking Package:
DAY 01: Arrive Lombok O/N Hotel
Airport pick up at Selaparang Mataram Airport and directly transfer to Senaru Cottages in Senaru, Briefing and take a rest, Overnight ( D )
DAY 02: TREK Sembalun – Crater Rim II (6-8 hrs, 2900m). O/N Camp (BLD)
After a good breakfast at Senaru we will drive you to Sembalun (1 hour) where you will starts your trek. The path starts through fields where you can look up awe at the majestic summit of Gunung Rinjani. From the foothills of the mountain you will slowly start to climb up to Base Camp III where the porters will look a tasty lunch. from here you will climb one steeply through scenery that varies from barren grassland to woodland. The next stop is the campsite at the crater Rim, where you will be cooked a hearty Dinner that will give you the energy needed for the climb to the Summit the next morning after a good night sleep.
DAY 03: TREK Summit (5hrs) – Lake (2000m, 1hrs) O/N Camp (BLD)
At 02.30 Am, You will be woken up with a hot drink and a light breakfast. We starts the climb to the Peak at 03.00 Am in time to see the spectacular sunrise at the Summit. The effort is well worth it when you can see Java on one side and over to bali on the other side. On the way down you can see pause to look at the Magnificent lake and volcanic cone. After breakfast you will descent for three hours to the Crater Lake and also visit the refreshing Hot Spring and Waterfall.
DAY 04: TREK Lake – Crater Rim I (2600m, 2hrs). O/N Camp (BLD)
After an early starts you will climb back up to the other side of the Rim after a short walk around part of the Lake. Visit again the hot spring and waterfall. Continue to climb up to Senaru Rim, From this side of the Rim you can see more awe inspiring views of the crater Rim. Summit and lake. Overnight.
DAY 05: TREK Crater Rim I – Senaru then drive to Senggigi. O/N Hotel [BL]
Wake by the Spectacular view of the Sun rise, Enjoy the view before heading to Base Camp III and heading for your final meal – a well needed lunch. The last part of our journey passes through tropical rain forest for around 03 hours until you reach the road back to Senaru. Then it’s time for a cold Beer at Rinjani Trekking Club Restaurant and congratulate your self for amazing achievement!
Transfer back to your hotel in Senggigi
DAY 06: Departure (BL)
On this last day, you can choose either you will take the Gili Islands Snorkeling or South Lombok Excursion, Just before you leave your hotel, we will look after all your luggages and bring them to the airport to meet you.
Transfer back to the airport after Gili Islands or South Lombok
End of Services.
Style : Trek
Grade : Strenuous
Best Season : April to December
Guide : Provide Locally
Recommended items to bring:
– Drinking water and high energy food (chocolates, nuts, raisins)
– Suitable walking shoes / warm clothing / wind breaker
Waterproof gloves / extra socks / towel / hat / tissue paper
– Headache tablets / lip gloss / deep heat lotion / plasters – Torch light / walking stick / waterproof bag for camera
Rinjani Trekking Special Package 06 Days 05 Nights Min 02 Person:
US$ 350/person/minimum 04 person
– Experience and license local guide
– Educational & good cook & porter
– All camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag, mattress, cooking gear)
– Meals during trek (Indonesian & Western food) with fruits & snacks and drink (Aqua water, coffee, tea)
– Return transfer including airport transfer
– National Park Insurance
– Briefing prior departure
– Rinjani National Park entrance fees
– Hotel in Senaru and Senggigi
– Tours as per itinerary
– Personal expenses
– All airfares + Airport taxes & fuel surcharge
– Meals not stated
– Tips to guide & driver/ local staff
– Other tours not stated in itinerary
– Additional expenses incurred during emergency
– Porterage fees for personal bags (Rp 250,000 per day per porter)
What to Bring :
– Extra film
– Toilet paper
– Hat / cap
– Sun cream.
– Warm Clothing ( fleece ) wind jacket.
– Flash light
– Rain Coat during wet season
Here you day pack personal :
– Torch or Flashlight
– 1 pair champ shoes/trek shoes are good
– Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sun glasses
– Spray for muscle/balm
– Insect repellent
– Camera, Handy cam (Manual or Digital)
– Small towel
– 2/3 paces of T-Shirts
– Long trek pants/wind proof
– Windproof Jacket
– 2 pcs of shorts
– Trek stick/lekki (optional)
– Sandals (optional)
– Swimming Suite (optional)
– Binocular (optional)
– Extra trail snack (we supply fruits, menu)
– Fishing Gear (optional)
– Garbage Plastic can (optional)